Christopher and Justin Swader are New York-based scenic designers. Recent designs include collaborations with: Two River Theater, Miami New Drama, Lincoln Center Education, Classical Theatre of Harlem, Abingdon Theatre Company, John W. Engeman Theatre, Kitchen Theatre Company, The New School for Drama, Luna Stage, IBEX Puppetry, National Black Theatre, Sotheby's, 3LD, Cherry Lane Theatre, La MaMa, Manhattan School of Music, Park Avenue Armory, Trusty Sidekick, Mason Holdings, Astoria Performing Arts Center, Bristol Valley Theatre, The Orchard Project, Shadowland Stages, Columbia Stages, Company One, SpeakEasy Stage Company, ArtsEmerson. 2016 American Theatre Wing Henry Hewes Design Award Nomination (The Offending Gesture), 2017 AUDELCO Award (The Three Musketeers), 2018 IRNE Award (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time), 2019 Carbonell Award (One Night in Miami). Finalists in the 2017 World Stage Design exhibition (Jarring). Their work will be exhibited at the 2019 Prague Quadrennial. Originally from Indiana, they are graduates of Ball State University.
CURRENT & UPCOMING
- Art | Penguin Rep Theatre | dir. Joe Brancato | April 2019
- Dropping Gumballs on Luke Wilson | Working Theater | dir. Theresa Rebeck | June 2019
- The Bacchae | Classical Theatre of Harlem | dir. Carl Cofield | July 2019
- Dig | Dorset Theatre Festival | dir. Theresa Rebeck | July 2019
- The Sabbath Girl | Penguin Rep Theatre | dir. Joe Brancato | August 2019